This is an Artmoney table I did for the Atari Jaguar version of Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls for the Windows version of the emulator MAME\MESS – I used a 64-bit version of MAME when I created the table but it doesn’t matter which version you use, the Table can be converted to 32-bit in a snap.
The cheats you get are for credits (continues) and energy for Player 1. All the instructions below are just to adjust the memory offsets – all you need to know is the following IS necessary for the Table to work – it sucks I know, but I tried my best to make it as simple as possible.
It will probably look complicated to some, but it isn’t really especially if you have had experience with either of the programs. I am not giving a complete tutorial on how to use MAME, there are plenty of other places for that.
What you’ll need:
Bios file – jaguar.zip (put in roms folder)
Game Rom – Double Dragon V (1995) (Williams).jag (put where you want, e.g. <MAME folder>\software\jaguar)
Artmoney (it’s free!)
The Table (click link below to download)
Disclaimer: Use all these things at your own risk. I use them all the time without problems but nevertheless if your computer blows up or something similar when using them don’t blame me.
Okay, here we go:
1) start MAMEUI or MESSUI, search for Jaguar (in the top right for MESSUI), right click on Jaguar from the list and click properties, click the display tab and check on Windowed mode. Load the game. From the in-game menu select Options, set continues to 5 and pause emulation <press P>.
2) switch to Artmoney, select the process ‘MAME: jaguar [jaguar]’ of course. Load the table you downloaded in Artmoney. If you are using MAME\MESS 32-bit it will ask if you want to convert to 32-bit click “YES”.
3) Now click ‘Search’ ‘Exact Value’ Value = 5, Address range Custom, Click the button with the dots on it to the right of ‘Type Custom’ and check (tick) ONLY ‘Integer 2 bytes’ now click OK to close it off, and click OK again on the other window. There will be too many results, that’s fine.
4) Go back to the game, unpause, set continues to 4 and pause again. Go back to Artmoney click on ‘Filter’ and ONLY change the value, obviously to 4. The search should have narrowed significantly and yielded only a few results now but if there is only one address in the left pane, skip to step 6.
5) Repeat the process again, set 3 in game (pause emulation) and then 3 in Artmoney (remember Filter), and you should be left with one result.
6) Now this is important (deep breath) go back to the game, start the Tournament, choose a character and once the fight is ready to start (in game), pause the game.
7) Go back to Artmoney, and press down the key combination ALT+A – you should see the numbers in the table on the right changing to the correct values.
If you did everything correctly, you will see the number 3 (or whatever number the credits were set on when you found the address) next to the “offset” and “continues” and 1000 next to the “nrg” in the Artmoney table.
Now you can do what you want, Freeze the continues so you can try as many time as you like, or just have more continues, Freeze the energy etc.